- What all is covered under Direct Primary Care?
- Our Direct Primary Care program is one of a kind in the Houston area. At $150/month, we offer unlimited visits with our Wellness specialist, Lauren Sullivan, unlimited visits with our Nutrition Coach, and a discount on supplements. It also offers you the ability to utilize Lauren for your primary care needs. We offer same day and next day visits for all acute needs which would avoid a crowded urgent care and an expensive copay.
- What does the first visit consist of?
- Your first visit is a 60 minute consultation that includes an InBody body composition test to provide accurate and detailed information as to your current physical state, a comprehensive review of personal and family medical history, a discussion regarding your current symptoms and medical conditions/concerns, and a pertinent medical examination. Our provider spends time getting to know you and discusses your health goals in order to construct a treatment plan that you are actively engaged in. We ask that you bring recent and relevant laboratory results if you have them. After accounting for your extensive history and labs, we will order any additional labs/testing that is deemed appropriate to treat you in the best way possible.
- What does Lauren take care of? How does she take care of it?
- Lauren has training in both conventional family medicine as well as extensive education in functional medicine. Functional medicine is the practice of investigating, understanding, and treating patients by uncovering the potential triggers of illness and poor health. Conventional medicine tends to focus on management of symptoms and not the full outcome of the disease or how it will affect the whole patient. She uses her knowledge and skill set to integrate both concepts and provides patients with the appropriate diagnostic tools and treatment options that best suit the needs of the patient. Her integrative approach requires more time spent with patients than what can be achieved in the often fast-paced visits conventional medicine is accustomed to.
- Why do I have to pay $300 for an initial consult if no labs are involved AND pay $200 for a follow up?
- Appointment times and pricing is based on the type of office visit as well as the number of results to review. We highly recommend considering our direct primary care program as it is an inclusive means of incorporating multiple visits and services without having to worry about cost of multiple visits. We do provide you with the resources to bill your insurance for any reimbursement per your plan.
- Can labs be ordered through my primary care? Before I see Lauren?
- You are more than welcome to obtain labs from you PCP, but unfortunately as we have not established you as a patient, we cannot give any medical advice which includes lab suggestions. Additional labs will often be suggested after your initial consultation.
- Is Direct Primary Care good for me? I only want her to handle my thyroid/testosterone.
- We highly recommend patients who have multiple health concerns that are not well-controlled to consider the DPC program as it removes the barriers of fee-for-service appointments and allows more time for comprehensive care. Fee-for-service appointments are reasonable for patients who do not require more frequent consultations or adjustments to their prescriptions (ex. thyroid and hormone patients can often require more frequent oversight and adjustments to medications.)
- Direct Primary Care vs Concierge?
- The Direct Primary Care program is a cash-only service and is the only membership plan available for patients seeking Wellness and Primary Care services. The Concierge program is for patients wishing to utilize their insurance and be part of a relatively small patient base so that they can get the best family medicine care same or next day.
- What does the $25/month subscription give me in the concierge practice?
- As a practice we would like to give every patient the time and proper attention they need in order to take care of their health appropriately. The subscription fee helps us to cater to a set amount of patients without sacrificing the quality of the healthcare provided.
- What comes with the concierge program?
- The concierge programs allows you to be part of a relatively small base of patients that can get same day or next day appointments rather than the national wait time average of 29.3 days. You also get heavily discounted visits with the Wellness specialist and Nutrition coach.
- What kind of needs does the Concierge Care take care of?
- In the Concierge Care practice, Sarah Kidd will be your Primary Care Provider. She will take care of your general health need and attend to any acute problems that you have. All chronic conditions can also be managed unless a specialist is required in which case we will refer you out to them for further evaluation.
- Do you do phone consults for visits with Lauren?
- To establish you as a patient, your initial consult will need to be in person but we are able to do phone consults as a convenience for future appointments that do not require a physical examination. In order to treat you in the best way possible, we do require that all patients be seen in the office physically at least once per year.
|Restorative Health and Wellness Center||
Frequently asked questions
Monday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Tuesday :8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
NOTE: Individual results may vary. Patient testimonials are provided as examples of some patients results and experience, however, all patients are unique and these examples are not meant to present or to imply that any one patient’s results can be expected by another patient.
© COPYRIGHT 2015. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
© COPYRIGHT 2015. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.